When it comes to Halloween, there are two types of people: those who plan their costumes out months in advance and those who do the absolute bare minimum the night before. Although I planned out my Halloween costume a few weeks in advance because I appreciate the creative process, there’s no need to spend large amounts of time, energy, or money on your outfit.
Over the last few years, I have been a Cereal Killer, for which I wore a 3D dress that looked like a cereal box, as well as The Devil Wears Prada. For the latter costume, I purchased a bunch of pieces from H&M that looked high-end, and my friend made an iron-on patch that said “The Prada Devil” on it, and we ironed it onto a $30 blazer from H&M.
Featured below are seven amazing ideas for last-minute costumes. They’re all killer (pun intended!) and you’ll still be able to wear these clothing items and accessories long after October 31st.
1) IRIS APFEL
Dress up as my style icon for Halloween! In order to mimic Iris’ eclectic sense of style, throw on every piece of jewelry you can find in your closet, and wear bright, statement prints. Also, don’t forget to don Iris’ signature red pout and black glasses.
In addition to things found in your closet, you’ll need:
– A white wig: Aoert Silver Wig ($16.69)
– Round glasses: EVP Round Clear Lens Glasses ($7)
– Red lipstick: Bite Beauty Multi Stick ($24)
– Brooch: Etsy Owl Brooch ($17)
– Stackable bracelets: Bauble Bar String Fling Set ($32)
2) THE NEON DEMON
Become an uber chic demon by channeling your inner Elle Fanning from Nicholas Winding’s film The Neon Demon. Plus, her dress in the film is so fantastic that you’ll want to wear it all the time– basically every day of the year!
In addition to tons of fake blood, you’ll need:
– A blue strapless dress: Lulu’s Lovely Maxi Dress ($84)
– Self-adhesive jewels: Oriental Trading Face Jewels ($6.98)
– Neon pink lipstick: Cover Girl Colorlicious Lipstick ($8.29)
3) FRIDA KAHLO
It’s no wonder that people love to emulate Frida Kahlo’s style, as she remains one of the most celebrated artists of all-time. Her outfits and accessories were as bold and colorful as her paintings, and due to her distinct look, she makes a wonderful Halloween costume. Also, even though the earrings featured below are more expensive than the other items in the post, they are magical, and you’ll be sure to receive many compliments on them. I wear mine all the time– probably 2-3 days a week! They’re a great investment.
Besides painting on a unibrow and red lipstick, you’ll need:
– Flower crown: Etsy Frida Kahlo Handmade Flower Crown ($13)
– Dangly floral earrings: Mercedes Salazar Garden Earrings ($198)
– Layered beaded necklace: Bauble Bar Globe Strands ($38)
– Bohemian blouse: H&M Italia “Camicetta ampia” (18,99 Euros)
– Chiffon pink scarf: Sidecca Retro Scarf ($7.99)
4) DAISY BUCHANAN
Although Daisy isn’t the best character in The Great Gatsby and makes some highly questionable moral decisions, her style is nothing short of iconic. Yes, Daisy has major flaws, but she’s also fun and stylish, and those two adjectives make for an excellent Halloween costume.
In addition to gold shoes from your closet, you’ll need:
– Embellished headband: Etsy Flapper Headpiece ($36.95)
– Diamond cocktail ring: Amazon Costume Ring ($7.05)
– Short blonde female wig: Star Style Wigs UK Daisy Wig (22 Euros)
– Faux pearl necklace: Halloween Costumes Flapper Pearls ($3.99)
– Pink faux fur coat: Hanyi Faux Fur Coat ($21.99)
– Purple lace dress: Halloween Costumes Daisy Bluebells Dress ($74)
– Lilac laced gloves: Etsy Soft Purple Gloves ($14)
5) POP ART GIRL
Pop art seems to be a major trend this year, and dressing up as the girl from Roy Lichtenstein’s paintings is an awesome way to celebrate creativity and have fun with your costume.
In addition to red lipstick and some primary colored-clothes from your closet, you’ll need:
Wednesday Addams is my idol, so I of course had to create a shirt to honor one of my favorite movie characters. It says: ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR BLACK. So far, it’s already been a best seller, and I hope people intend to wear it all-year-round! I must say, however, it’s particularly a great graphic tee for Halloween.
Things you’ll need besides black jeans or a skirt:
– ONLY THIS SHIRT! SUPER EASY! BUY IT HERE.
If you have absolutely no idea what to wear, no need to fear! The Zeitgeist is here! I designed this humorous tee that can be worn in two different styles: cropped or standard. It’s important to never take yourself too seriously, and you can poke fun at yourself in this super comfy and stylish tee. The only thing you’ll need to buy is the shirt itself. BUY IT HERE.